Table of Content
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not add to your cost or impact our reviews and comparisons. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program in which we earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice.
Can naltrexone cause high blood pressure? Your circulatory strain may get excessively high while you are utilizing this medication. This might cause cerebral pains, unsteadiness, or obscured vision. You may have to measure your circulatory strain at home. Assuming that you think your circulatory strain is excessively high, summon your primary care physician right.
Drugs like this one have raised the opportunity of self-destructive considerations or activities in youngsters and youthful grown-ups. The danger might be more prominent in individuals who have had these musings or activities previously. All individuals who take this medication should be observed intently.
Summon the specialist right assuming signs like low state of mind (wretchedness), apprehension, fretfulness, crotchetiness, fits of anxiety, or changes in temperament or activities are new or more regrettable. Summon the specialist right assuming that any considerations or activities of self-destruction happen.
- This medication isn’t supported for use in youngsters. Converse with the specialist.
- What is this medication utilized for?
- It is utilized to assist with weight reduction in specific individuals.
Do I need to tell my PCP BEFORE I take this medication?
- Assuming that you are adversely affected by this medication; any piece of this medication; or some other medications, food varieties, or substances. Enlighten your PCP concerning the sensitivity and what signs you had.
- Assuming you have at any point had seizures.
- In the event that you drink a ton of liquor and you quit drinking out of nowhere.
- Assuming you utilize specific different medications like medications for seizures or uneasiness and you quit utilizing them out of nowhere.
- On the off chance that you have an eating issue, hypertension, liver issues, or kidney issues.
- Assuming you have consumed specific medications for despondency or Parkinson’s infection over the most recent 14 days. This incorporates isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, selegiline, or rasagiline. Exceptionally hypertension might occur.
- Assuming you are taking carbamazepine, efavirenz, linezolid, lopinavir, methylene blue, phenobarbital, phenytoin, ritonavir, or another medication that has a similar medication in it.
- On the off chance that you ingest medications like methadone or buprenorphine to assist you with halting taking a narcotic medication.
- Assuming you are taking a narcotic medication like morphine or oxycodone, are dependent on a narcotic medication, or are having withdrawal signs.
- On the off chance that you are taking any of these medications: Buprenorphine, butorphanol, nalbuphine, or pentazocine.
- Assuming you have taken an agony drug inside the beyond 7 to 14 days.
- Assuming you are pregnant or might be pregnant. Try not to take this medication on the off chance that you are pregnant.
- On the off chance that you are bosom taking care of. Try not to bosom feed while you take this medication.
- Assuming that the patient is a youngster. Try not to give this medication to a kid.
Can naltrexone cause high blood pressure?
This isn’t a rundown of all medications or medical issues that interface with this medication.
Enlighten your PCP and drug specialist regarding your medications as a whole (remedy or OTC, normal items, nutrients) and medical issues. You should check to ensure that it is alright for you to take this medication with your medications in general and medical conditions. Try not to begin, stop, or change the portion of any medication without checking with your primary care physician.
- Unsteadiness or cerebral pain.
- Stoppage, the runs, hurling, or irritated stomach.
- Dry mouth.
- Inconvenience dozing.
These are not every one of the secondary effects that might happen. Assuming you have inquiries regarding aftereffects, call your primary care physician. Call your primary care physician for clinical exhortation about incidental effects.
You might report aftereffects to your public wellbeing office.
You might report incidental effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may likewise report incidental effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
How is this naltrexone best taken?
- Utilize this medication as requested by your primary care physician. Peruse all data given to you. Adhere to all guidelines intently.
- Gulp down. Try not to bite, break, or pound.
- Take by mouth as it were. Try not to infuse or grunt this medication. Doing as such can cause extremely awful aftereffects like seizures and passing.
- Try not to take this medication with high-fat dinners.
- Assuming that you experience difficulty gulping, talk with your primary care physician.
- Continue to accept this medication as you have been told by your PCP or other medical care suppliers, regardless of whether you feel great.
- Try not to take this drug more regularly than you are told. This might raise the danger of seizures. Be certain you know how far separated to take your portions.
What do I do if I miss a dosage?
- Skirt the missed portion and return to your typical time.
- Do not take 2 dosages at the same time or extra portions.
How do I store and or throw out naltrexone?
- Store at room temperature in a dry spot. Try not to store in a washroom.
- Keep all drugs in a protected spot. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
- Discard unused or lapsed medications. Try not to flush down a latrine or pour down a channel except if you are told to do as such. Check with your drug specialist in the event that you have inquiries concerning the most effective way to toss out drugs. There might be drug reclaim programs in your space.
General medication realities
- In the event that your side effects or medical issues don’t beat that or on the other hand assuming they become more awful, call your PCP.
- Try not to share your naltrexone medications to other people and don’t take any other individual’s medications.
- A few medications might have another patient data flyer. Assuming that you have any inquiries concerning this medication, kindly talk with your primary care physician, attendant, drug specialist, or other medical services supplier.
- A few medications might have another patient data handout. Check with your drug specialist. In the event that you have any inquiries regarding this medication, kindly talk with your PCP, attendant, drug specialist, or other medical services supplier.